Supporting Charities At LAUDE The Lady Elizabeth School
Pupils at The Lady Elizabeth School realise that many people are far less fortunate than themselves. Through the House System, they raise money for a wide range of local and international charities.
The students themselves decide which causes to support and the fund raising activities range from whole school efforts to individuals working to help a charity which they personally believe in.
Links are already well established with :-
Red House also support the 300 000 people living in conditions of extreme vulnerability due to the economic crisis.
The Malima Project
Recently Red House adopted the Malima Project and are helping to sponsor children to enable them to attend school in the villiage of Gouria.
The Malima Project is committed to the support of high quality education, basic health care and other social services, enabling self help, within communities most in need from the village of Gouria and the surrounding area in the Extreme North of The Republic of Cameroon, West Africa.
- The local Cancer Support Group “MABS”
- A.M.P.O. Association for the Protection of Orphans in Burkina- Faso, Africa (Help for Children in West Africa)
- “SOS Malawi”—the school has close personal links with this charity through the father or an ex pupil, who works as a Doctor in a Lillongwe maternity hospital
The Leo Club
- The School Leo Club was founded in 2007 and was the first Leo Club in Spain. It is sponsored by the Jalon - Orba Lions Club and supports a wide variety of local and international charities.
Links are already established with:-
- The local animal charity APASA
- SOS Malawi
- ‘Open Arms Infant Homes’ in Malawi
- BBC Children In Need