12th December 17
A few years ago a non-profit organisation was formed in Madagascar named “La Vision”. The organisation was founded by a small group of volunteers to try and help families in Madagascar as it is one of the world’s poorest countries. Statistics say that the average monthly income is around €30. ‘La Vision’ volunteers travel there on a regular basis and have seen how hard life is especially on the children and elderly people.
Their projects include:
– Supply of food/medical care for an orphanage currently giving 63 children a home.
– Free medical care in our clinic provided by our general doctor, ophtalmologist (medication and glasses are also supplied for free).
– Support of the local primary school (food and school fees for those who cannot afford it).
– Monthly food packages for 18 families (approx. 10 people per family).
– Formation classes teaching carpentry, cooking and gardening for youngsters to ensure them a better future.
In order to make all this possible they rely on donations which they receive through various events and donors throughout the year. As they are a small team of volunteers who do this in their free time they can guarantee that 100% of all that’s donated goes to the cause.
Every year they organise a big Christmas celebration for all the people that receive help from the team on site. There will be approx. 250 people (of who 120 are children).
To raise money for this they will be selling “Madagascar” T-shirts on 18 December at the top entrance of the Primary School. They have T-shirts in 3 sizes (7-8 years, 9-10 years and S). The price is €6.00 per T-shirt.
If you are interested and would like more information please see their website: www.clinica-lavision.com , call them under 664 484 002 or simply speak to them on the 18th December.
For all information please click on the following link: La Vision